16 May Sitter Spotlight: Georgia E.
“Dr. Seuss books contain wise life lessons,” New York native and Hello Sitter superstar Georgia shares in our interview. In addition to being a big fan of the notable author, the NYC babysitter sources children as largely inspirational to her: “I love working with kids because of their genuine nature. I believe you can learn a lot about yourself and life from them.” Couldn’t agree more and if anyone would know this, it’s Georgia! With over 150 booking completed with Hello Sitter and a five-star parent rating, we’d agree she’s well-schooled by the kiddos. We recently caught up with this smartie (um, she has a Masters in public health – just saying) to chat about her past experience and skills.
- Experience: Worked as a teacher aid and after school teacher in a child care center for five years
- Skills: Knows CPR, speaks French and Creole, experience with autism, allergies, and eczema
- In your free time? Read a book, go for a run, do volunteer work
- Kids know the coolest stuff: New technology and new board games are always fun to learn about from kids
- If a child is feeling some separation anxiety: I play some music, mostly nursery rhymes, and that usually helps. If it’s a toddler, he or she often recognize the songs and start singing or dancing along. Mom and Dad are already forgotten in a few minutes!
The parents say: ★★★★★
“Georgia was fantastic – our son loved her immediately and we could go out confident he was in good hands. She communicated with us throughout the night and was extremely attentive and conscientious. Five stars!” –Jocelyn B.
“Georgia was great! She was on time, seemed confident in taking care of my baby. Also, some details in her behavior showed she had safety in mind very naturally – which is very reassuring!” –Audrey S.
“Georgia was fab, as always. She has a great attitude and always puts me (and my husband) at ease about leaving baby at home.” –Ellie H.
Hello peace of mind
At Hello Sitter, we believe that finding babysitters you like and trust should be easy. That you should say yes to last-minute invitations and spontaneous plans. That parents are people too. Which is why we’ve created an app that allows you to book experienced, fully-vetted, background-checked NYC babysitters with as little as an hour’s notice. Get the app and see for yourself why NYC parents are calling Hello Sitter a “game changer.”